add to wish list | library


7 of 7 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

 

Discussion: Chicago: Chicago VI

Posts: 10

Post by cupboy January 8, 2014 (1 of 10)
Another one with no booklet. I guess from here on out no more booklets with this junk MFSL packaging. Always "nice" to see something drop in price $4 the day after I buy it.

Post by samayoeruorandajin January 8, 2014 (2 of 10)
cupboy said:

Another one with no booklet. I guess from here on out no more booklets with this junk MFSL packaging. Always "nice" to see something drop in price $4 the day after I buy it.

And the disc itself, sound and all?

Post by rammiepie January 8, 2014 (3 of 10)
cupboy said:

Another one with no booklet. I guess from here on out no more booklets with this junk MFSL packaging. Always "nice" to see something drop in price $4 the day after I buy it.

Cupboy, I personally have been spoiled by the newer luxurious packaging of the SHM~SACDs (although a storage nightmare), but the lack of a booklet sets a new low.

And a word to the wise. If you're purchasing MoFi and AP discs from Amazon, 'list' prices are usually higher when listed as pre~orders (except for Audio Fidelity SACDs which are lower than both). Unless you crave the disc day/date of release, it's always wise to wait until third party vendors get in the act, further reducing prices (save for their $4 s/h charges)!

Post by samayoeruorandajin January 8, 2014 (4 of 10)
rammiepie said:

Cupboy, I personally have been spoiled by the newer luxurious packaging of the SHM~SACDs (although a storage nightmare), but the lack of a booklet sets a new low.

And a word to the wise. If you're purchasing MoFi and AP discs from Amazon, 'list' prices are usually higher when listed as pre~orders (except for Audio Fidelity SACDs which are lower than both). Unless you crave the disc day/date of release, it's always wise to wait until third party vendors get in the act, further reducing prices (save for their $4 s/h charges)!

Luxurious? So, you're wrapping yourself up in it's luxury? How is something like a disc box, cover, etc., luxurious?

Post by rammiepie January 8, 2014 (5 of 10)
samayoeruorandajin said:

Luxurious? So, you're wrapping yourself up in it's luxury? How is something like a disc box, cover, etc., luxurious?

When the US prices of SHM~SACDs in the last two years drop from $55 to a little over $41 and an attractive little box is included..........it's luxury.

And FD, can I also add SEXY to the mix?

For once, I don't have to think "outside the box!"

Post by cupboy January 9, 2014 (6 of 10)
samayoeruorandajin said:

And the disc itself, sound and all?

Probably frozen. Well, most definitely. Left it in the car overnight and it was -16 this morning.

Post by rammiepie January 9, 2014 (7 of 10)
cupboy said:

Probably frozen. Well, most definitely. Left it in the car overnight and it was -16 this morning.

If it was cryogenically frozen it might sound better! Whew......-16 below. That's cold! Same in NY. A thaw, thankfully, is due this upcoming weekend.

Post by Euell Neverno January 9, 2014 (8 of 10)
rammiepie said:

If it was cryogenically frozen it might sound better! Whew......-16 below. That's cold! Same in NY. A thaw, thankfully, is due this upcoming weekend.

Time to visit your sister in LA.

Post by rammiepie January 9, 2014 (9 of 10)
Euell Neverno said:

Time to visit your sister in LA.

My sister lives in Encinitas and her granddaughter (my positively gorgeous Grand niece) will be playing with her school at Carnegie Hall in April of this year. Hopefully, the weather by then will be decent.

Euell, ever hear of cryogenically treated speaker cables/interconnects? They're not just for Eskimos!

Post by Euell Neverno January 9, 2014 (10 of 10)
rammiepie said:

My sister lives in Encinitas and her granddaughter (my positively gorgeous Grand niece) will be playing with her school at Carnegie Hall in April of this year. Hopefully, the weather by then will be decent.

Euell, ever hear of cryogenically treated speaker cables/interconnects? They're not just for Eskimos!

Sure. Did you put yours outside last night?

BTW, what does your grand niece play, or is she a singer?

Closed