add to wish list | library


13 of 15 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

CDJapan

Discussion: Tears for Fears: Songs from the Big Chair

Posts: 13
Page: 1 2 next

Post by Lunna May 12, 2014 (1 of 13)
Ordered! May 24th is d-day for its release, though why at least one ebayer has it for sale now puzzles me... Hope this one trounces the MFSL (which I've never heard) or the RB West German "atomic" version, which I have...

Post by cupboy May 12, 2014 (2 of 13)
The MFSL has a couple of excellent bonus tracks, which is the main reason I bought the MFSL in the first place. These are missing from the SHM SACD.

Post by Lunna May 14, 2014 (3 of 13)
cupboy said:

The MFSL has a couple of excellent bonus tracks, which is the main reason I bought the MFSL in the first place. These are missing from the SHM SACD.

I would have been all over the MFSL, if only I could afford it. I may still be lucky and find it somewhere at a decent price. As it is, the SHM-SACD is a reach, but what to do (sigh)...

Post by The Seventh Taylor May 14, 2014 (4 of 13)
I might order this. I love "Head over heels".

What they really should issue on SACD IMHO (multi-channel would be a dream) is The Seeds of Love. Especially the title track is sumblime -- Beatles-level if you ask me.

Post by Lunna May 29, 2014 (5 of 13)
Just got word from cdjapan that it's been shipped ... Hope the wait was worth it!

Post by Lunna May 30, 2014 (6 of 13)
Urp. One very negative review on stevehoffman of this one. Anyone have a different opinion? (I'm already starting to calculate how much the return shipping to Japan will be on this, depending on what people have to say about this) ...

Post by samayoeruorandajin May 30, 2014 (7 of 13)
Lunna said:

Urp. One very negative review on stevehoffman of this one. Anyone have a different opinion? (I'm already starting to calculate how much the return shipping to Japan will be on this, depending on what people have to say about this) ...

Why do you give so much credence to what other people say? Trust your own ears. Don't get bogged down in what someone else says.

On that particular forum, it's clear that there's divided opinion and one specific person who clearly has an agenda because he thinks the MFSL is golden.

Besides, if you don't like it, sell it on ebay. You'd probably recoup your "losses."

Post by Lunna May 30, 2014 (8 of 13)
samayoeruorandajin said:

Why do you give so much credence to what other people say? Trust your own ears. Don't get bogged down in what someone else says.

On that particular forum, it's clear that there's divided opinion and one specific person who clearly has an agenda because he thinks the MFSL is golden.

Besides, if you don't like it, sell it on ebay. You'd probably recoup your "losses."

Well, I'm waiting to hear other reviews/reports before I decide what to do, but you're right, one guy's views are just that ... Interesting, I didn't realize this guy was an MFSL fanboy. Seems like you can like what MFSL does (as I generally do) and still like what others do - it's not all or nothing... Some folks are just odd, I guess...

In any event, the disc still hasn't arrived yet - blasted mail here, completely unreliable!

Post by Philip Parris June 1, 2014 (9 of 13)
Iím listening to the SHM-SACD as I type. I donít know what that guy on Hoffman was hearing, but it sounds pretty sweet to these ears. Very open, impressively detailed, crankable, pretty solid EQ choices (IMO)ó-itís got a lot going for it. Thatís just my opinion, of course, but after that Hoffman review, I was expecting a LOT worse than what I got.

I have the MFSL, but havenít gotten around to doing an A/B. My copy is sealed, so Iím doing a little internal debating about whether I want to open it or not.

But, bottom line, first impressions are definitely favorable.

Post by Lunna June 1, 2014 (10 of 13)
Philip Parris said:

Iím listening to the SHM-SACD as I type. I donít know what that guy on Hoffman was hearing, but it sounds pretty sweet to these ears. Very open, impressively detailed, crankable, pretty solid EQ choices (IMO)ó-itís got a lot going for it. Thatís just my opinion, of course, but after that Hoffman review, I was expecting a LOT worse than what I got.

I have the MFSL, but havenít gotten around to doing an A/B. My copy is sealed, so Iím doing a little internal debating about whether I want to open it or not.

But, bottom line, first impressions are definitely favorable.

Cool! This is very encouraging. I still, by the way, haven't received my copy yet from cdjapan, but I'm sure it'll arrive any day now. Any other folks heard the SHM-SACD yet?

By the way, I actually feel the same way about opening sealed items - when I purchase stuff on-line, I actually prefer used (and of course, in as nice a condition as possible). Kind of like new cars - the second you unseal the disc (or drive off the dealer's lot) - you've totally killed the original value of the disc (or car)!

Page: 1 2 next

Closed