add to wish list | library


0 of 0 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

 

Discussion: Black Sabbath: 13

Posts: 8

Post by rammiepie August 20, 2014 (1 of 8)
68 minutes/43 seconds of BS in multichannel and from the rave reviews on Amazon a classic return to form.

Bring it on Universal.

Post by Ubertrout August 20, 2014 (2 of 8)
I'm going to get it for sure. But I do hope that they fix the DR. The CD stunk: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/70175

Post by fredblue August 21, 2014 (3 of 8)
rammiepie said:

68 minutes/43 seconds of BS in multichannel and from the rave reviews on Amazon a classic return to form.

Bring it on Universal.

Multichannel..?!?

Post by hooperthom August 21, 2014 (4 of 8)
fredblue said:

Multichannel..?!?

Pure Audio Recording website does not say it's multi-channel.
DTS/True HD
2.0 PCM 24/96

Post by rammiepie August 21, 2014 (5 of 8)
fredblue said:

Multichannel..?!?

Good morning, Adam. Regarding BS 13, was just going by the listing on this site. Hope it is. Hoop says NOT! Visiting the Universal website, the DolbyTrueHD has the red box next to it....usually means 5.1....with the yellow stereo box next to PCM 2.0. Hmmmmm!

Do you have the Beastie Boy's Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 (2011)? Hip Hop, Rap and featuring some great remixes featuring Santigold in DTS MA 24/48 5.1 (BD~A). Great accompanying hard covered book and DVD featuring the same 5.1 mixes in DD. I paid under $15 for it. Amazon has it for $54!

Post by Ubertrout August 21, 2014 (6 of 8)
This doesn't seem to be a Universal HFPA release, but rather a Pure Audio release - which seem to have mostly been multichannel. Agree there's no way to be sure. More info (I don't think this is a vendor link): http://pureaudiorecordings.com/black-sabbath-13/

Post by fredblue August 21, 2014 (7 of 8)
Ubertrout said:

This doesn't seem to be a Universal HFPA release, but rather a Pure Audio release - which seem to have mostly been multichannel. Agree there's no way to be sure. More info (I don't think this is a vendor link): http://pureaudiorecordings.com/black-sabbath-13/

Pretty sure its a Universal release, they've started using the Pure Audio interface and spec more recently on HFPA (Who/Tommy.. Mando Diao/Aelita).

Post by fredblue August 21, 2014 (8 of 8)
rammiepie said:

Good morning, Adam. Regarding BS 13, was just going by the listing on this site. Hope it is. Hoop says NOT! Visiting the Universal website, the DolbyTrueHD has the red box next to it....usually means 5.1....with the yellow stereo box next to PCM 2.0. Hmmmmm!

Do you have the Beastie Boy's Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 (2011)? Hip Hop, Rap and featuring some great remixes featuring Santigold in DTS MA 24/48 5.1 (BD~A). Great accompanying hard covered book and DVD featuring the same 5.1 mixes in DD. I paid under $15 for it. Amazon has it for $54!

Hey Ralph, not shooting the messenger, just a little skeptical of this one being in 5.1, though I'd love it if that were the case.. I'll believe it when I see it!

Don't have the Hot Sauce set, sounds great! Thanks for the tip!

Closed