add to wish list | library


12 of 13 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
 
 
jpc

Discussion: Chicago: The Chicago Transit Authority:

Posts: 33
Page: 1 2 3 4 next

Post by samayoeruorandajin February 17, 2015 (1 of 33)
Terribly disappointing that this isn't MCH.

Post by rammiepie February 17, 2015 (2 of 33)
samayoeruorandajin said:

Terribly disappointing that this isn't MCH.

I think we've already beat this dead horse to death, FD. The ONLY chance of RHINO re~releasing their 4.0 DTS transfer would be if Warners launches their much anticipated BD~A program (doubtful, at this juncture).

AF won't attempt a 4.0 transfer for at least a year as they won't want to infringe on MoFi's licensing agreement with Warner.

Post by samayoeruorandajin February 17, 2015 (3 of 33)
rammiepie said:

I think we've already beat this dead horse to death, FD. The ONLY chance of RHINO re~releasing their 4.0 DTS transfer would be if Warners launches their much anticipated BD~A program (doubtful, at this juncture).

AF won't attempt a 4.0 transfer for at least a year as they won't want to infringe on MoFi's licensing agreement with Warner.

This is under the official title thread, so I want MFSL, if they're reading these threads realize what a mistake they made.

Post by rammiepie February 17, 2015 (4 of 33)
samayoeruorandajin said:

This is under the official title thread, so I want MFSL, if they're reading these threads realize what a mistake they made.

Numerous e~mails to them have resulted in more of the same: (paraphrased) we only transfer what is on the original master tapes, blah, blah, blah.

A check at AmazonUS indicates that the Rhino 4.0 DTS DVD is "currently unavailable."

In my estimation, MoFi really you know what (read: FU) as they could've scored big time by releasing CTA as a RBCD/Stereo/4.0 SACD!

Another possibility: Warners Japan released a batch of former DVD~A 5.1s as mch SACDs and perhaps they might re~release it as a mch SACD in the near future.

Post by Marpow February 18, 2015 (5 of 33)
Moving Forward:

I received my copy yesterday and am looking forward to it being the best stereo version I have ever heard.

Another performance that I know intimately like so many others do.

I like the packaging.

I will pop it in the car (part of my listening experience) today and should be able to give my mini review in next few days after the home system gets a listen.

Post by rammiepie February 18, 2015 (6 of 33)
Marpow said:

Moving Forward:

I received my copy yesterday and am looking forward to it being the best stereo version I have ever heard.

Another performance that I know intimately like so many others do.

I like the packaging.

I will pop it in the car (part of my listening experience) today and should be able to give my mini review in next few days after the home system gets a listen.

I admire your positive energy regarding MoFi's Stereo ONLY CTA SACD remaster, Mark, but to reiterate, for a recently inducted surround maverick, who has shown such bravura enthusiasm, IF you heard the album in 4.0, you'd be pissed too.

My biggest regret is that Rhino didn't go all the way and release this astounding classic in MLP DVD~A 4.0 instead of lossy DTS.

I WILL NOT BUY The Mofi Stereo reissue but I know MoFi will probably rather quickly sell out their 10K limited edition SACDs which, IMHO, is GOOD so that perhaps Audio Fidelity can license it for a PROPER hi res 4.0 SACD release!

Once you've heard the 4.0 discreet CTA, Mark, YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK! That's a promise.

It's THAT Good.....talk about being 'horny!'

Post by Marpow February 18, 2015 (7 of 33)
rammiepie said:

My biggest regret is that Rhino didn't go all the way and release this astounding classic in MLP DVD~A 4.0 instead of lossy DTS.

I WILL NOT BUY The Mofi Stereo reissue but I know MoFi will probably rather quickly sell out their 10K limited edition SACDs which, IMHO, is GOOD so that perhaps Audio Fidelity can license it for a PROPER hi res 4.0 SACD release!

Once you've heard the 4.0 discreet CTA, Mark, YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK! That's a promise.

It's THAT Good.....talk about being 'horny!'

Yes, Ralph, I understand.
The DVD A Chicago II is on it's way, I am on the fence about Chicago V DVD A and I see the Rhino 4.0 Quad is OOP and looks like you can't even buy it for any amount.

Post by rammiepie February 18, 2015 (8 of 33)
Marpow said:

Yes, Ralph, I understand.
The DVD A Chicago II is on it's way, I am on the fence about Chicago V DVD A and I see the Rhino 4.0 Quad is OOP and looks like you can't even buy it for any amount.

Chicago V is EXCELLENT! Get OFF the fence and unto your computer and press ADD to CART!

And yes, the OOP status means you'll probably find the RHINO 4.0 DTS DVD on e~bay for some outrageous fortune. Have NO idea why Rhino won't repress it unless of some contractural limitation imposed by the band.

Please, Warners Japan.........give us CTA on 4.0 'lossless' SACD.... for us horndogs: http://t.fod4.com/t/6e6e48166d/c480x270_41.jpg

Post by Marpow February 18, 2015 (9 of 33)
rammiepie said:

horndogs: http://t.fod4.com/t/6e6e48166d/c480x270_41.jpg

Perfect, now that Brett has me listening to Depeche Mode.

Post by rammiepie February 18, 2015 (10 of 33)
Marpow said:

Perfect, now that Brett has me listening to Depeche Mode.

So, Doggone it, what's new pussycat?

DM should be on your must have list......Brett is correct. For a transplanted Indiana Farm boy http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3388/3672283122_1560a5e7c6_z.jpg now residing in the Empire of the Sun and who can go from Puccini to Punk w/o missing a beat, Brett's the man!

Page: 1 2 3 4 next

Closed