add to wish list | library


26 of 46 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

amazon.fr
 

Discussion: Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture etc. - Cincinnati Pops/Kunzel

Posts: 7

Post by Khorn August 6, 2003 (1 of 7)
Any opinions on the the Marche Slave performance on this disc? I think it's the only one (Marche Slave) on SACD so far but would also like to know if any others are coming up soon.

Post by tream August 6, 2003 (2 of 7)
Khorn said:

Any opinions on the the Marche Slave performance on this disc? I think it's the only one (Marche Slave) on SACD so far but would also like to know if any others are coming up soon.

No opinion on the Marche Slave performance but the 1812 is a stiff performance-great sound but mediocre performance.

Post by Khorn August 7, 2003 (3 of 7)
tream said:

No opinion on the Marche Slave performance but the 1812 is a stiff performance-great sound but mediocre performance.

Marche Slave should impart a strong emotional response and that's the type of performance that I am looking for.

Post by Jim Treanor August 7, 2003 (4 of 7)
I find the Marche Slave reading tepid.

--Jim

Post by Khorn August 7, 2003 (5 of 7)
Hmmm...in general the consensus seems to point to a rather underwhelming performance on this disc. As I am looking for a "really good" Marche Slave on SACD it looks like I'll be waiting for a while. :-(

Post by pann August 7, 2003 (6 of 7)
Khorn said:

Hmmm...in general the consensus seems to point to a rather underwhelming performance on this disc. As I am looking for a "really good" Marche Slave on SACD it looks like I'll be waiting for a while. :-(

Exton Czech Philharmonic/Kobayashi's Marche Slave has the PERFECT tempo for me -
G.R.A.N.D. Magnificent playing too IMO. I give it 5 and 5.

Post by Khorn August 8, 2003 (7 of 7)
pann said:

Exton Czech Philharmonic/Kobayashi's Marche Slave has the PERFECT tempo for me -
G.R.A.N.D. Magnificent playing too IMO. I give it 5 and 5.

Thank you very very much pann. I'll have to track this one down.

Closed