Thread: San Francisco Symphony Orchestra - Michael Tilson Thomas

Posts: 27
Page: prev 1 2 3

Post by rammiepie September 2, 2015 (21 of 27)
Euell Neverno said:

How can you be so puerile?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laluspx1691qdx4k4o1_500.gif

A valentine to the forever incorrigible Euell!

from, 'boy' Ralph

Post by Adrian Cue September 3, 2015 (22 of 27)
hiredfox said:

The SFSO are in London town now performing at the BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall.

This was a performance of considerable stature that received a 15 min standing ovation and repeated calls for the maestro to return to the rostrum. Wisely he resisted calls for an encore after such an unforgettable performance. We do not need the critics responses in the serious press this morning to affirm that we had just witnessed something rather special.

Right now the best orchestra in the world? European critics might not concede as much but you'd better start believing it!

Must also be the magic of the Royal Albert Hall. Twenty three years ago my wife and I were at the same place, listening to the same symphony, but played by another top orchestra: The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Richardo Chailly conducting, leader/concertmaster Jaap van Zweden. Ten minutes ovational applause. Chailly did repeat though.

By far the best summer festival in the world, Isnít it?

Post by Adrian Cue September 3, 2015 (23 of 27)
Check this out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e6r2mb#b0680hp6

As for Henry Cowell, I have an older version on RBCD, it is not one of my favourites. Some say that it sounds like a cat dancing on the piano. No offence meant.

Post by Kieron September 3, 2015 (24 of 27)
Adrian Cue said:


By far the best summer festival in the world, Isnít it?

Yes.

Ciarain

Post by SteelyTom September 3, 2015 (25 of 27)
Adrian Cue said:

By far the best summer festival in the world, Isnít it?

We'll have to raise funds so that you can attend Tanglewood next summer.

Post by hiredfox September 3, 2015 (26 of 27)
Adrian Cue said:

Check this out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e6r2mb#b0680hp6

As for Henry Cowell, I have an older version on RBCD, it is not one of my favourites. Some say that it sounds like a cat dancing on the piano. No offence meant.

Thanks Adrian

I didn't post the link because many friends overseas cannot access the Beeb's i Player.

Post by Euell Neverno September 3, 2015 (27 of 27)
rammiepie said:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laluspx1691qdx4k4o1_500.gif

A valentine to the forever incorrigible Euell!

from, 'boy' Ralph

Are you a man or a mouse?

Page: prev 1 2 3

Closed