add to wish list | library


22 of 23 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
amazon.es
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Van Morrison: Moondance

Posts: 16
Page: 1 2 next

Post by windhoek November 8, 2015 (1 of 16)
I ordered this last night as it appeared on ebayUK for £22.44 delivered and fwiw, it's still available at that price,...

Post by rammiepie November 9, 2015 (2 of 16)
windhoek said:

I ordered this last night as it appeared on ebayUK for £22.44 delivered and fwiw, it's still available at that price,...

An absolutely amazing price, Derek and you will be thrilled at the Sound Quality. Still haven't played the RBCDs, though.

Post by Kveld-Úlfr November 9, 2015 (3 of 16)
windhoek said:

I ordered this last night as it appeared on ebayUK for £22.44 delivered and fwiw, it's still available at that price,...

Got it for about that price as well, but on the German Amazon. Never saw that price again.
Ralph couldn't say more right, the BD-A sounds fantastic indeed ! This VM album is not my favourite (that honor would go to Astral Weeks) but still a jewel !

Post by rammiepie November 9, 2015 (4 of 16)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

Got it for about that price as well, but on the German Amazon. Never saw that price again.
Ralph couldn't say more right, the BD-A sounds fantastic indeed ! This VM album is not my favourite (that honor would go to Astral Weeks) but still a jewel !

Astral Weeks, Veedon Fleece, Tupelo Honey and Saint Dominic's Preview would all sound great with the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 treatment but, alas, VM doesn't want his back catalogue tampered with and raised a stink when Warners released Moondance (without his permission) in 5.1.

Oh well, maybe oneday!

Post by Kveld-Úlfr November 9, 2015 (5 of 16)
rammiepie said:

Astral Weeks, Veedon Fleece, Tupelo Honey and Saint Dominic's Preview would all sound great with the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 treatment but, alas, VM doesn't want his back catalogue tampered with and raised a stink when Warners released Moondance (without his permission) in 5.1.

Oh well, maybe oneday!

Let's hope so Ralph ! I guess Warner took the good decision to say "go to hell" to VM's well-known bad-temperedness. Lucky us ! Shall this continue. As we say in France : "grab the bull by the horns".

Post by rammiepie November 9, 2015 (6 of 16)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

Let's hope so Ralph ! I guess Warner took the good decision to say "go to hell" to VM's well-known bad-temperedness. Lucky us ! Shall this continue. As we say in France : "grab the bull by the horns".

According to wikipedia, Van's 2015 personal net worth is $90 million so I suppose he doesn't care if his back catalogue in 5.1 would generate additional revenue.

So Warners....the hell with Van I say and create 5.1 remasters for ALL of his back catalogue Warner controlled titles.

Post by Kveld-Úlfr November 9, 2015 (7 of 16)
rammiepie said:

[...] the hell with Van I say and create 5.1 remasters for ALL of his back catalogue Warner controlled titles.

+1, big time.

Post by windhoek November 12, 2015 (8 of 16)
Damn - the ebay seller sent me an email saying the Moondance CD/BDA had been returned because it was damaged in transit and I'll have to wait another few weeks to get another copy (unless I want a refund). I recently read somewhere else something similar happened, so I wonder whether this is a trick some sellers use to get the cash up front for items they don't have in stock, and will then place order from supplier. If so, that sucks!

I'm currently listening to Avonmore by Bryan Ferry and the smooth groves are easing the pain...

Post by rammiepie November 12, 2015 (9 of 16)
windhoek said:

Damn - the ebay seller sent me an email saying the Moondance CD/BDA had been returned because it was damaged in transit and I'll have to wait another few weeks to get another copy (unless I want a refund). I recently read somewhere else something similar happened, so I wonder whether this is a trick some sellers use to get the cash up front for items they don't have in stock, and will then place order from supplier. If so, that sucks!

I'm currently listening to Avonmore by Bryan Ferry and the smooth groves are easing the pain...

If it's any consolation, Derek, two AmazonUS third party vendors (in Austria/Netherlands) are selling the Moondance BD~A/RBCDs for $36 + 3.99 s/h BRAND NEW.

Post by windhoek November 12, 2015 (10 of 16)
rammiepie said:

If it's any consolation, Derek, two AmazonUS third party vendors (in Austria/Netherlands) are selling the Moondance BD~A/RBCDs for $36 + 3.99 s/h BRAND NEW.

Thanks Ralph, alas with shipping costs - an astonishing £10 - it comes to £34 delivered lol

I actually seen it on AmazonIT earlier for £23 delivered, but it's currently out of stock with a lead time of one or two months and I expect to receive my original order before then - I hope!

Page: 1 2 next

Closed