add to wish list | library


17 of 19 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

 

Discussion: Bach: Brandenburg Concertos, Orchestral Suites - Suzuki

Posts: 7

Post by Domimag August 10, 2009 (1 of 7)
Hello Bissie

Does this new release comprise the entirety of the Brandenburger concertos and the 4 orchestral suites (BIS-SACD-1431/32)?

Thanks - Dominique

Post by bissie August 11, 2009 (2 of 7)
Domimag said:

Hello Bissie

Does this new release comprise the entirety of the Brandenburger concertos and the 4 orchestral suites (BIS-SACD-1431/32)?

Thanks - Dominique

Yes, it does, and the recording of the Brandenburgers is a new one, not to be mixed up with BIS-CD-1151/52.
It is a 3-for-2 deal.

Robert

Post by Domimag August 11, 2009 (3 of 7)
Nice Robert, thanks for the answer.

Dominique

Post by Lochiel August 11, 2009 (4 of 7)
bissie said:

Yes, it does, and the recording of the Brandenburgers is a new one, not to be mixed up with BIS-CD-1151/52.
It is a 3-for-2 deal.

Robert

Hi - can you give us more detail on why this was newly recorded as opposed to using the older recordings?

Thanks.

Post by bissie August 11, 2009 (5 of 7)
Lochiel said:

Hi - can you give us more detail on why this was newly recorded as opposed to using the older recordings?

Thanks.

In this Forum - gladly.

The older recording was Stereo only, never intended for SACD usage.
Also, the older recording uses a trumpet that, while historically correct, was impossible to play on.
On this recording he had a better instrument - still historically correct.
And it is Surround.

Best - Robert

Post by Lochiel August 11, 2009 (6 of 7)
bissie said:

In this Forum - gladly.

The older recording was Stereo only, never intended for SACD usage.
Also, the older recording uses a trumpet that, while historically correct, was impossible to play on.
On this recording he had a better instrument - still historically correct.
And it is Surround.

Best - Robert

Well, I am sorry you had to incur costs twice for the same repetoire, but it sounds like the newer recording could be the better one for the reasons you state. Were the Orchestral Suites re-recorded for similar reasons?

Last - what was the venue for the newer recording? Thanks again!

Post by bissie August 11, 2009 (7 of 7)
Lochiel said:

Well, I am sorry you had to incur costs twice for the same repetoire, but it sounds like the newer recording could be the better one for the reasons you state. Were the Orchestral Suites re-recorded for similar reasons?

Last - what was the venue for the newer recording? Thanks again!

No, the Suites are identical to BIS-SACD-1431 (2-for-1).
The Brandenburgs were recorded in the MUZO Kawasaki Symphony Hall a year ago.

Robert

Closed