Thread: VOTES CAST FOR SYMPHONIC AND CONCERTO REPERTOIRE GAPS ON SACD

Posts: 76
Page: prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next

Post by acoustico April 18, 2011 (31 of 76)
Hi Jonalogic,
Is the voting still open? Then I would vote for (3): Vaughan Williams Symphony Nos 7 and 9.
Thanks!

Post by Jonalogic April 18, 2011 (32 of 76)
acoustico said:

Hi Jonalogic,
Is the voting still open? Then I would vote for (3): Vaughan Williams Symphony Nos 7 and 9.
Thanks!

Thanks. This wouldn't change the final ordering, but would close the gap between these symphonies and the top two (Prokofiev symphonies and Liszt) to just one vote...

Post by Domimag April 18, 2011 (33 of 76)
The two BRAHMS piano concertos !!

Post by Jonalogic April 19, 2011 (34 of 76)
Sorry, folks, voting closed weeks ago... it was all in the previous thread.

And not enough people voted then, I'm afraid, for me to take forward the lists as I had originally intended.

A pity.

Post by Johnbs April 19, 2011 (35 of 76)
Jonalogic said:

Sorry, folks, voting closed weeks ago... it was all in the previous thread.

And not enough people voted then, I'm afraid, for me to take forward the lists as I had originally intended.

A pity.

Perhaps Zeus could setup voting pages that could be left open and show the current vote counts automatically?

I suspect that many people do not visit sufficiently often to have voted in polls that only remain open for a relatively short time (this is an observation, not a criticism, Jonalogic)

Thanks

John

Post by Jonalogic April 19, 2011 (36 of 76)
Johnbs said:

Perhaps Zeus could setup voting pages that could be left open and show the current vote counts automatically?

I suspect that many people do not visit sufficiently often to have voted in polls that only remain open for a relatively short time (this is an observation, not a criticism, Jonalogic)

Thanks

John

Hi

None taken.

That's a good point! I left the votes open whilst I was away abroad but - altogether, left around a month for votes before calling a halt.

There was very little voting over the period I was in Malaysia, so I kinda assumed it had run its course.

I honestly don't know whether this website's functionalities include voting engines. Zeus may wish to comment?

Cheers

Jon

Post by diw April 19, 2011 (37 of 76)
After the first couple of days, the topics fell off the top of the list. So people who check in less often may not have seen them.

Post by diw January 5, 2013 (38 of 76)
As it's a new year, I thought I would give this thread a bump. If you look at the first post of this thread, you will realize that very few of these gaps have been filled. Bissie, Pentamen, etc., are you reading this?

Post by diw January 5, 2013 (39 of 76)
If you look at the first post of this thread,

/showthread/68897/68964

We are doing slightly better in filling some of the identified gaps.


Although not much better on the concertos:

/showthread/68899/68933

Post by armenian January 5, 2013 (40 of 76)
Jonalogic said:

9) and 10) Tied on 5 votes Borodin Symphony no2 and Varese Ameriques

Varese Ameriques is available on SFS/MTT, American Mavericks.

Vahe

Page: prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next

Closed