add to wish list | library


12 of 12 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Bartok: Bluebeard's Castle - Fischer

Posts: 23
Page: 1 2 3 next

Post by hiredfox May 21, 2011 (1 of 23)
Wonderful. Thanks again Jared for re-issuing this - another - classic Philips / Fischer recording thus making it available to a much wider range of new converts to SACD at a fair price compared to the rip-off prices being asked by sellers of the original through the Amazon and other links to this site.

It's a must-buy for me partly for completeness of my Fischer collection and partly in anticipation of Jared re-mastering the original, although I am not aware of any particular concerns about the original Philips recording - which remains outstanding - that would encourage him to do so?

Post by kansub May 24, 2011 (2 of 23)
I am particularly interested in knowing whether this will be a 5.0 or 5.1 remaster. I am finding a lack of the 0.1 in all Channel Classics recordings and would much rather hang on to my Philips 5.1, which is amazing in 5.1.

Post by Kal Rubinson May 24, 2011 (3 of 23)
kansub said:

I am particularly interested in knowing whether this will be a 5.0 or 5.1 remaster. I am finding a lack of the 0.1 in all Channel Classics recordings and would much rather hang on to my Philips 5.1, which is amazing in 5.1.

I prefer 5.0 for music. I see no reason for an "LFE" channel.

Post by Castor May 25, 2011 (4 of 23)
kansub said:

I am particularly interested in knowing whether this will be a 5.0 or 5.1 remaster. I am finding a lack of the 0.1 in all Channel Classics recordings and would much rather hang on to my Philips 5.1, which is amazing in 5.1.

The original Philips recording has always been 5.0 as far as I am aware. Why did you think it was 5.1?

I too agree with Kal on this issue.

Post by tailspn May 25, 2011 (5 of 23)
Castor said:

The original Philips recording has always been 5.0 as far as I am aware.

It is 5.0. I just ran it through the Sonoma metering.

Tom

Post by channel May 28, 2011 (6 of 23)
tailspn said:

It is 5.0. I just ran it through the Sonoma metering.

Tom

It is and always has been a 5.0 recording.

Post by Iain May 28, 2011 (7 of 23)
kansub said:

I am particularly interested in knowing whether this will be a 5.0 or 5.1 remaster. I am finding a lack of the 0.1 in all Channel Classics recordings and would much rather hang on to my Philips 5.1, which is amazing in 5.1.

If having only titles in 5.1 format is as important to you as it is to me, get a Denon AVR-x31x receiver. Set subwoofer configuration to LFE+MAIN and it will automatically give you LFE output.

I no longer worry whether title is 5.0 or 5.1 format because of this.

BTW, other receiver brands may do this as well.

Post by Kal Rubinson May 28, 2011 (8 of 23)
Iain said:

If having only titles in 5.1 format is as important to you as it is to me, get a Denon AVR-x31x receiver. Set subwoofer configuration to LFE+MAIN and it will automatically give you LFE output.

I no longer worry whether title is 5.0 or 5.1 format because of this.

BTW, other receiver brands may do this as well.

Setting the subwoofer config to LFE+MAIN does not get you LFE output from 5.0 or 4.0 recordings; it only duplicates the main channels' low bass. This is more properly done with SOP bass management.

Kal

Post by Iain May 29, 2011 (9 of 23)
Kal Rubinson said:

Setting the subwoofer config to LFE+MAIN does not get you LFE output from 5.0 or 4.0 recordings; it only duplicates the main channels' low bass. This is more properly done with SOP bass management.

Kal

True, but perhaps a better way to say what LFE+MAIN will accomplish is, it will redirect a pre-set range of frequencies to a secondary transducer that's specifically designed to reproduce those frequencies.

I find it quite effective.

Post by Stanbury May 29, 2011 (10 of 23)
What is "SOP"?

Page: 1 2 3 next

Closed