add to wish list | library


9 of 9 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

 

Discussion: Mozart: Piano Concertos Vol. 3 - Brautigam, Willens

Posts: 7

Post by jeff3948 October 12, 2012 (1 of 7)
Dear Robert von Bahr,

I'd really like to pre-order this SACD, but once again it is not avialable on Amazon in the USA. Why has there been a delay in getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA recently? The same thing happened to your Gershwin SACD and I had to order it from Presto in the UK. I've decided that since Amazon has corrected their problem of poor working conditions in their US wharehouses, I want to buy from an American company and expecially from an American Amazon Merchant who will benefit from my Amazon USA merchant purchase, plus an Amazon purchase will help this website continue. What is the problem with getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA? And, more importantly, can the problem be corrected.

Thanks,
Jeff

Post by jazz1 October 12, 2012 (2 of 7)
jeff3948 said:

Dear Robert von Bahr,

I'd really like to pre-order this SACD, but once again it is not avialable on Amazon in the USA. Why has there been a delay in getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA recently? The same thing happened to your Gershwin SACD and I had to order it from Presto in the UK. I've decided that since Amazon has corrected their problem of poor working conditions in their US wharehouses, I want to buy from an American company and expecially from an American Amazon Merchant who will benefit from my Amazon USA merchant purchase, plus an Amazon purchase will help this website continue. What is the problem with getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA? And, more importantly, can the problem be corrected.

Thanks,
Jeff

Why worry,are you patriotic? just buy the Amazon.co.uk

Post by bissie October 12, 2012 (3 of 7)
jeff3948 said:

Dear Robert von Bahr,

I'd really like to pre-order this SACD, but once again it is not avialable on Amazon in the USA. Why has there been a delay in getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA recently? The same thing happened to your Gershwin SACD and I had to order it from Presto in the UK. I've decided that since Amazon has corrected their problem of poor working conditions in their US wharehouses, I want to buy from an American company and expecially from an American Amazon Merchant who will benefit from my Amazon USA merchant purchase, plus an Amazon purchase will help this website continue. What is the problem with getting your SACDs to Amazon in the USA? And, more importantly, can the problem be corrected.

Thanks,
Jeff

No, there is no problem for us at all, but the thing is that we announce the new release here when it hits the Swedish shores. From that until it is actually available in a shop on the other side of the world, there is by necessity a time lapse. Our US agents, very good as they are, don't order more than once monthly, and so there are on an average 15 days only there. One week in transit to the US. setting the US release date. Amazon needing to get it to their warehouse and releasing it on the Net, then immediately getting sold out (after all, this is BIS...) etc etc.

We have no problem whatsoever, we always have stock, but...

But I agree with the next poster - if they cannot serve you correcvtly, take your custom elsewhere, incl, very soon, directly from us.

Roebrt

Post by jeff3948 October 12, 2012 (4 of 7)
bissie said:

No, there is no problem for us at all, but the thing is that we announce the new release here when it hits the Swedish shores. From that until it is actually available in a shop on the other side of the world, there is by necessity a time lapse. Our US agents, very good as they are, don't order more than once monthly, and so there are on an average 15 days only there. One week in transit to the US. setting the US release date. Amazon needing to get it to their warehouse and releasing it on the Net, then immediately getting sold out (after all, this is BIS...) etc etc.

We have no problem whatsoever, we always have stock, but...

But I agree with the next poster - if they cannot serve you correcvtly, take your custom elsewhere, incl, very soon, directly from us.

Roebrt

Hi Robert,

Buying directly from you sounds much better if the shipping is not too much and you offer it for reasonable price. By sellign directly to the customer, will you see more profit per SACD which will result in more money going to continue your productions? How soon is "very soon"?

Jeff

Post by jeff3948 October 12, 2012 (5 of 7)
jazz1 said:

Why worry,are you patriotic? just buy the Amazon.co.uk

Well, I try to be patriotic as much as I can. But if BIS is going to sell directly to the customer soon, that may mean more profit for BIS which means more SACDs in the future which would benefit me. So this may be a case were I will buy directly from BIS to help the cause of classical music on SACD.

Jeff

Post by wehecht October 12, 2012 (6 of 7)
jeff3948 said:

I'd really like to pre-order this SACD, but once again it is not avialable on Amazon in the USA.

Jeff,

US availibility of BIS' new releases continues to be confusing. One US online retailer seems to have access to product well before anyone else. For instance, for the last two days I've been listening to the Flor/MPO Dvorak 9th and Ronald Brautigam's Mendelssohn Songs Without Words, both available, as far as I know, nowhere else but through this one retailer. The product actually ships direct from Qualiton, which I believe is BIS' US distributor.

Unfortunately this vendor isn't linked to sa-cd.net, but I make up for it by going through sa-cd.net to get to Amazon for everything else I buy from them, books, dvds, even a tv set, which creates revenue for this site (just follow the instructions on the sa-cd.net "support" page). Doing this may assuage your guilt feelings if, like me, you intend to start buying direct from BIS as soon as the opportunity arises.

By the way, the Dvorak "New World" is very good, a fitting companion to the 7th and 8th from the same team, but the Mendelssohn is positively sublime: gorgeous music played by Brautigam at his best on a beautiful sounding McNulty copy of an 1830 Pleyel.

Bill

Post by jeff3948 October 14, 2012 (7 of 7)
wehecht said:

Jeff,

US availibility of BIS' new releases continues to be confusing. One US online retailer seems to have access to product well before anyone else. For instance, for the last two days I've been listening to the Flor/MPO Dvorak 9th and Ronald Brautigam's Mendelssohn Songs Without Words, both available, as far as I know, nowhere else but through this one retailer. The product actually ships direct from Qualiton, which I believe is BIS' US distributor.

Unfortunately this vendor isn't linked to sa-cd.net, but I make up for it by going through sa-cd.net to get to Amazon for everything else I buy from them, books, dvds, even a tv set, which creates revenue for this site (just follow the instructions on the sa-cd.net "support" page). Doing this may assuage your guilt feelings if, like me, you intend to start buying direct from BIS as soon as the opportunity arises.

By the way, the Dvorak "New World" is very good, a fitting companion to the 7th and 8th from the same team, but the Mendelssohn is positively sublime: gorgeous music played by Brautigam at his best on a beautiful sounding McNulty copy of an 1830 Pleyel.

Bill

Thanks for the tips, wehecht, I'll put both of those SACDs on my list as well.

Jeff

Closed