add to wish list | library


10 of 10 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Brahms: String Sextets - Prazak & Zemlinsky Quartets

Posts: 8

Post by Lute September 24, 2013 (1 of 8)
fausto K said:

This is good news: finally both sextets on SACD, and by very able musicians
Brahms: String Sextets - Prazak & Zemlinsky Quartets

Certainly is good news!!

Post by fausto K September 24, 2013 (2 of 8)
ah, you beat me to it. I just realised there is a proper format for starting a discussion!

Post by Lute September 24, 2013 (3 of 8)
I couldn't believe it, either.

Speaking of the Zemlinsky Quartet, have you had a chance to hear Glazunov: String Quartets Nos. 3 & 4, Idyll - Zemlinsky Quartet??

Post by fausto K September 24, 2013 (4 of 8)
Lute said:

I couldn't believe it, either.

Speaking of the Zemlinsky Quartet, have you had a chance to hear Glazunov: String Quartets Nos. 3 & 4, Idyll - Zemlinsky Quartet??

no, haven't heard that one yet. I do like their Dvorak disc (the first one Dvorak: String Quartets Nos. 9 & 13 - Zemlinsky Quartet), but especially the Zemlinsky qts Zemlinsky: String Quartets Nos. 2 & 4, Two Movements - Zemlinsky Quartet, which in my view is simply outstanding, performance and sound-wise. I can't stop listening to it, which is of course partly because Zemlinsky's music is the perfect mix of modern and romantic.
The Zemlinskys are quite prolific, I'm quite curious about their recent disc with Spanish music: Spain through Strings - Zemlinsky Quartet
Has anybody heard it?

Post by nucaleena September 24, 2013 (5 of 8)
fausto K said:

I'm quite curious about their recent disc with Spanish music. has anybody heard it?

Yes and I can heartily recommend it.

Post by Lute September 24, 2013 (6 of 8)
fausto K said:

... but especially the Zemlinsky qts Zemlinsky: String Quartets Nos. 2 & 4, Two Movements - Zemlinsky Quartet, which in my view is simply outstanding, performance and sound-wise. I can't stop listening to it, which is of course partly because Zemlinsky's music is the perfect mix of modern and romantic...

I was wondering about that one, too. It just went on my wish list...as well as Spain through Strings - Zemlinsky Quartet.

Post by Domimag September 25, 2013 (7 of 8)
/

Post by Fugue November 17, 2013 (8 of 8)
Wow, this is a wonderful recording. Their tone is so rich, and thanks to the warm recording, at times it seems as if a string orchestra is playing! Highly recommended.

Closed