add to wish list | library


8 of 8 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
 
amazon.co.uk
 
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
 
jpc

Discussion: Allman Brothers Band: Brothers and Sisters

Posts: 8

Post by Lunna October 21, 2014 (1 of 8)
So, worth it or not?

Post by rammiepie October 21, 2014 (2 of 8)
Lunna said:

So, worth it or not?

So, Alex, buy it and post a review.

Frankly, I'm Allman Brothered out since I purchased the 3 disc BD~A of the complete Fillmore East Recordings!

Post by Marpow October 21, 2014 (3 of 8)
rammiepie said:

So, Alex, buy it and post a review.

Frankly, I'm Allman Brothered out since I purchased the 3 disc BD~A of the complete Fillmore East Recordings!

See my review. It is great and I have been listening to it my whole life. No need to buy another version after this.
/showreviews/10132#10779
1 of 3 found my review helpful. It seems I don't get very high marks on any of my reviews, not sure what people are looking for, but I feel I give good reviews.

Post by rammiepie October 21, 2014 (4 of 8)
Marpow said:

See my review. It is great and I have been listening to it my whole life. No need to buy another version after this.
/showreviews/10132#10779
1 of 3 found my review helpful. It seems I don't get very high marks on any of my reviews, not sure what people are looking for, but I feel I give good reviews.

Mark, I just clicked "helpful" while reading your review. It was short, sweet and to the point....what a good review should encompass.

Those looking for an in depth analysis of B&S are advised to research it on Wikipedia.

Me, I just ordered Grace Jones' Nightclubbing on BD~A.

Disco, baby!

Post by Marpow October 21, 2014 (5 of 8)
rammiepie said:

Mark, I just clicked "helpful" while reading your review. It was short, sweet and to the point....what a good review should encompass.

Those looking for an in depth analysis of B&S are advised to research it on Wikipedia.

Me, I just ordered Grace Jones' Nightclubbing on BD~A.

Disco, baby!

Thanks Ralph, I just got my Steve Wilson, Blu Ray, Get All You Deserve, today. Going to be hard to listen to music with the Giants in the World Series but I will try to squeeze it in. Went to Bluesmasters in Salina, Kansas over weekend and had a blast, got tour of Quality Record Pressings facility and how they make vinyl, etc. Don't want to go down the LP road, but they made a hard case.

Post by rammiepie October 21, 2014 (6 of 8)
Marpow said:

Thanks Ralph, I just got my Steve Wilson, Blu Ray, Get All You Deserve, today. Going to be hard to listen to music with the Giants in the World Series but I will try to squeeze it in. Went to Bluesmasters in Salina, Kansas over weekend and had a blast, got tour of Quality Record Pressings facility and how they make vinyl, etc. Don't want to go down the LP road, but they made a hard case.

If I ever decided to venture back into vinyl (which I'm NOT) it would, IMHO, be a VERY expensive proposition.

Some years ago, I decided to go multichannel digital and NEVER turned back....and two recent major changes sealed the deal.

First, I upgraded my power supply in three of my 5 systems changing over to Shunyata Research power cords and conditioners (huge upgrade) and then I had my main system professionally EQed by Meridian.

Wow.......what a transformation.

And even if I decided to go the vinyl route, I'd have to replace my Meridian 861 v.8 which converts ALL incoming signals to digital in my main system.....something I'm not willing to do.

Even playback of my RBCDs, old and new is simply astonishing (the Meridian 802) further diminishing any vinyl fantasies altogether.

Some absolutely swear by vinyl and yes, a lot of popular music and jazz continues to be released in that format which probably will never see a 'physical' high res release but I can live with that compromise.

Hearing some of my favorite artists in meticulously engineered high res surround also has its rewards....in spades.

Post by Lunna October 22, 2014 (7 of 8)
(sigh) - even though I'm all ABB'ed out myself, I can't resist ...

Post by rammiepie October 22, 2014 (8 of 8)
Lunna said:

(sigh) - even though I'm all ABB'ed out myself, I can't resist ...

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Brett.

To satiate my rock 'n roll fix, I just ordered the newly remastered 3 disc BD~V set of Woodstock. The two bonus discs contain over 3 1/2 hours of bonus performances not included in the main movie and now comes upgraded in high definition with 5.1 soundtracks. Also for Holloween, the newly remastered cult B movie Dark Angel (with Dolph Lundgren) .......... also newly remastered in 5.1.

Closed