add to wish list | library


5 of 5 recommend this,
would you recommend it?

yes | no

Support this site by purchasing from these vendors using the links provided below. As an Amazon Associate SA-CD.net earns from qualifying purchases.
 
amazon.ca
amazon.co.uk
amazon.com
amazon.de
 
amazon.fr
amazon.it
CDJapan
 

Discussion: Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez, Fantasia para un gentilhombre

Posts: 8

Post by threerandot June 1, 2015 (1 of 8)
Looks like this is the title that may be coming out later as part of the Pentatone Remastered Classics series... anyone have any more info if this is the one coming out? Waiting for this to show up in 4.0 from Pentatone!

Post by rammiepie June 1, 2015 (2 of 8)
threerandot said:

Looks like this is the title that may be coming out later as part of the Pentatone Remastered Classics series... anyone have any more info if this is the one coming out? Waiting for this to show up in 4.0 from Pentatone!

I certainly hope so as I have been mightily impressed with Pentatone's DGG 4.0 SACDs.

Post by wehecht June 2, 2015 (3 of 8)
The upcoming release looks to be the same with the addition of the Concierto Madrigal. For Americans of a certain age the Concierto de Aranjuez may always conjure up images of Ricardo Montelbon and "fine Corinthian leather" car seats, but I love it anyway and am really looking forward to the new Pentatone.

Post by hiredfox June 9, 2015 (4 of 8)
wehecht said:

The upcoming release looks to be the same with the addition of the Concierto Madrigal. For Americans of a certain age the Concierto de Aranjuez may always conjure up images of Ricardo Montelbon and "fine Corinthian leather" car seats, but I love it anyway and am really looking forward to the new Pentatone.

Not just for Americans either. ;-)

Post by diw June 17, 2015 (5 of 8)
Price aside, I wonder whether to go for the Pentatone version of this or the Mercury?

Post by sylvian June 17, 2015 (6 of 8)
Pentatone release planned for the next coming month is the same performance & content + Concierto Madrigal done in Multichannel (unfortunately hybrid). So if you are interested in surround performation + addition of another great concierto you might want it (for 16.99). It is only half the price I have paid for DGG non-hybrid stereo.

Post by Claude June 18, 2015 (7 of 8)
diw said:

the Mercury?

which is OOP and rather expensive on the second hand market.

Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez - The Romeros

Post by diw June 18, 2015 (8 of 8)
sylvian said:

Pentatone release planned for the next coming month is the same performance & content + Concierto Madrigal done in Multichannel (unfortunately hybrid). So if you are interested in surround performation + addition of another great concierto you might want it

Yes, it's a tough decision as to whether the additional of the center channel or the surrounds provides more sonic value to me:)

Closed