Thread: Police Hybrid-SACD - New release?

Posts: 17
Page: 1 2 next

Post by snyder March 1, 2012 (1 of 17)
I noticed, that Amazon lists Outlandos D'amour (Hybrid-Sacd) [Super Audio CD - DSD 2012, Import] as a pre-order-article for 38 USD, that will be released on March 13th. Is this a reissue of the Police- SACD's of 2003? It seems to be strange because this is obviously an import (as labeled) but the SACD is not listed yet at other amazon sites.
Does that mean that the other titles will be released as well? Thank you for some additional information (if anybody has some...) as I would like to add Outlandos and Regatta to my collection but hesitate as they are quite expensive on the marketplace!

Post by rammiepie March 1, 2012 (2 of 17)
snyder said:

I noticed, that Amazon lists Outlandos D'amour (Hybrid-Sacd) [Super Audio CD - DSD 2012, Import] as a pre-order-article for 38 USD, that will be released on March 13th. Is this a reissue of the Police- SACD's of 2003? It seems to be strange because this is obviously an import (as labeled) but the SACD is not listed yet at other amazon sites.
Does that mean that the other titles will be released as well? Thank you for some additional information (if anybody has some...) as I would like to add Outlandos and Regatta to my collection but hesitate as they are quite expensive on the marketplace!

Amazon.co.jp lists this disc as an IMPORT from the US........and Amazon US lists it as an IMPORT......very confusing. I'd stay away from purchasing this disc until there is some clarification as to where it is from.

Post by The Rang March 1, 2012 (3 of 17)
jpc.de shows Outlandos and Zenyatta Mondatta as pre-releases

Post by rammiepie March 1, 2012 (4 of 17)
The Rang said:

jpc.de shows Outlandos and Zenyatta Mondatta as pre-releases

Presumably as SHM~SACDs..............then the $38 USD price is probably erroneous as Amazon US prices new and upcoming SHM~SACDs for between $70 and $80 US.

Post by Claude March 2, 2012 (5 of 17)
And "(Hybrid-Sacd)" would be erroneous as well.

Outlandos d'amour on JPC (release date 13 March) is 32 Euro, which is much lower that the usual SHM-SACD price (50-60 euro)

Post by snyder March 2, 2012 (6 of 17)
So it looks like they reissue the Old Hybrid SACD from 2003 again.
Funny that there is no announcement or information from the label Universal.
But on the other side does that show that Universal Europe feels that there could be market for that, which is good news I suppose for SACD in general.

Post by The Seventh Taylor March 2, 2012 (7 of 17)
snyder said:

But on the other side does that show that Universal Europe feels that there could be market for that, which is good news I suppose for SACD in general.

If they're SHM-SACDs like Rammiepie suggest (which sounds plausible) it's Universal Japan.

Post by DG054 May 3, 2012 (8 of 17)
I got mine today live from amazon France.
This is a reissue of the 2003 version which was a single layer SACD stereo!
But for this it's a dual layer CD / SACD (without 5.1). The sound is wonderful and there is a real difference beetween cd and sacd layer !
One note : the manifacturer is not Sony DADC !
In the pack, a leaflet explaining the difference between CD and SACD.
The label is A & M / Universal.

This seems good news. I hope this SACD will be the first of many other. For 22 you can buy. It's cheaper than a Japanese SHM-SACD.

Thank you Universal! I want other like that, is it possible? I was to young for the fisrt edition in 2003!

Post by Kveld-Úlfr May 4, 2012 (9 of 17)
Claude said:

And "(Hybrid-Sacd)" would be erroneous as well.

Outlandos d'amour on JPC (release date 13 March) is 32 Euro, which is much lower that the usual SHM-SACD price (50-60 euro)

Hi Claude,

I saw this thread and jumped on a copy from JPC. I did not buy the SHM-SACD (though I would have liked to, but I have financial restrictions), I bought the other one which costed 24 without postage fees.

It was shipped today.

I had missed this album before it got expensive, so anyone who's in the same situation should not hesitate.

Post by hooperthom May 4, 2012 (10 of 17)
Kveld-Úlfr said:

Hi Claude,

I saw this thread and jumped on a copy from JPC. I did not buy the SHM-SACD (though I would have liked to, but I have financial restrictions), I bought the other one which costed 24 without postage fees.

It was shipped today.

I had missed this album before it got expensive, so anyone who's in the same situation should not hesitate.

I just received the so called re-release 2012, The disc says released 2003. I don't think its any different from the original release.

Page: 1 2 next

Closed